Challenge your assumptions of what insulation can do for your building envelope.
When you work with a reputable insulation company, you can expect more than just thermal value… in fact studies in the U.S. have shown that what customers value most include a range of benefits you can expect when you work with a full service building envelope expert – who provides air sealing, proper ventilation and a package of insulation that includes blown in cellulose, batt and spray foam in the correct locations.
In increasing order of importance:
5. Reduced Energy Costs: especially important for those on electric, oil or propane heat and electric AC but also paired with a reduced carbon footprint, appeals to the environmentally conscious
4. Durability: increased durability of the structure from closed cell spray foam, including reducing impact of wind on the roof
3. Air Quality: reduced allergens and dust from outside air
2. Sound Dampening: plumbing noises, HVAC sounds and traffic begone!
1. Cold Floors and Drafts: comfort is still the number one motivator!! Surprised? What would you have guessed?